Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Book Expo and other contacts

Hey there. One of these days I'm positive I'll have time to spare, but in the meantime, this is my usual late update. Great news, though. The Canadian Book Expo was amazing. I wasn't sure whether to go or not, but I decided to take the time (and spend the money), and went armed with queries and other information on both my manuscripts. I figured, what the heck? Besides feeding off the energy of so many like-minded people, and loading my backpack with free books from great authors--autographed, no less, I made some contacts with publishers and am hoping something will come of my time.

Even better, when I got home that night, there was an e-mail from an agent I queried the previous week, and he was interested in seeing a partial on my romance. Later that week another agent replied to a query on my fantasy and said she was interested in seeing a partial as well. And I just found out yesterday that one of my short stories has been accepted for publication in a magazine titled, Tales of the Talisman.

Jeesh, how great can a week get? Well, I guess it could get better if someone actually decided to represent me. :-) But my time is coming. I have no doubt. In the meantime, I've started my next story and I have to say, it's turning out to be my favourite one. I'm calling it Earthsong.

Have a great week.

Cathy

No comments: