Monday, January 23, 2006

Happy New Year

Once again, I've been away for too long. Christmas has come and gone and it's now the end of January. With a couple of weeks off over the holidays, I found that I didn't do as much writing as I'd have liked, but I did start a new book, which involved a fair amount of research. It's called Cries of the Innocent and involves a past/present timeline that takes place in Salem, Ma. Gee, guess what the focus is of the story? Next step is to talk my husband into a trip to Salem so I can do some research.

The New Year started great with all kinds of phone calls from potential new students for the dojo. I don't understand it, last year we advertised and had the lowest membership we've ever had, this year we haven't advertised at all, and we have more than two dozen new members already.

I'm looking forward to the Ad-Astra conference taking place the last weekend in March. Finally, a conference worth going to that takes place close to home. The list of people attending this event is amazing. Check out the link here: http://www.ad-astra.org/

I sent out some more queries on both my manuscripts over the holidays, and I sit here waiting patiently as always. I figure something's going to happen for me this year. How can it not...It's the Chinese Year of the Dog after all.

How is everyone elses New Year starting off?

Cathy

No comments: