Thursday, June 11, 2009

I didn't remember writing this!

I was clearing some files off my computer and came across this page of ramblings that I wrote about 4 years ago. Until I read the words, I'd totally forgotten even writing them. Since this reflects my state of mind at that moment, I've left it unedited and unchanged. As you read, please keep in mind that I wasn't worried about grammar, spelling...nothing but putting my thoughts and feelings onto paper...er, I mean, onto a computer.

Now, if I could only look through some old files and find a manuscript I forgot about that's brilliantly written and becomes a NY Times bestseller. :-)

Enjoy!

I AM A HUMAN BEING
I DESERVE RESPECT

I am not a guinea pig.
So don't use me as one to test unsafe products, not caring what effect it may have on my health, caring only about how many millions of dollars the product might bring you. Stop poisoning the air I breathe, the water I drink and the food I eat.

I am not a receptacle.
So don't fill my body with insecticides, pesticides, herbicides, chemicals and toxins that will shorten my life and degrade the quality of that shorter life. Stop poisoning the air I breathe, the water I drink and the food I eat.

I am not a drug addict.
So stop prescribing drugs for EVERYTHING and telling me that they are safe when we all know that ten or fifteen years down the road my organs will suffer and the side-effects will probably harm me more than the original health problem would have. When appropriate, advocate the use of natural herbs and remedies that have been around (and worked) for thousands of years. Stop poisoning me.

I AM A HUMAN BEING
I DESERVE RESPECT

I am environmentally concerned.
So stop letting the oil companies have a say in governmental decisions. Allow the knowledge of alternative fuels and ways to power vehicles into the public forum so that people can HAVE A CHOICE.

I am spiritual.
No, not religious, spiritual. Religion is a man-made concept with limitations and prejudices. At the root of each religion are the values of love, respect, peace and harmony. This is a Universal law. This is the foundation of mankind. Assigning a name, gender and physical attributes are a human concept placed on an energy force we do not even begin to understand. I say we do not understand because of the world-wide religious based hate and killing. If we truly understood what we call God, and allowed for various interpretations of this Universal energy, there would be no hate. No killing. No war. We have a long way to go. The essence of man is the essence of God, Buddha, Allah, the Goddess…however you refer to your Supreme Being. This energy force is in all of us, everywhere, and as energy is able to change form, so is this Universal energy that binds us all together. Don't limit what you don't understand. Love. Respect. Peace. Harmony. Live by those laws and your god will flourish. Mankind will flourish.

No comments: