Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Where did the time go?

Oh my goodess. Am I the only person who has trouble remembering to update their blog? Between facebook, twitter, myspace, my website, amazon's author central, and any other places I have an online presence...it can be mind-boggling.
Of course, with the roiling hormones these days *laughs as all the guys flinch at the mention* I have an excuse for my wickedly bad memory. From what I understand, women at this point in their life often worry that they're seeing the onset of early Alzheimers, but it's just hormones. I can relate. Not long ago I stood in front of the bank machine and struggled to remember my PIN. This is a number that I've used for approximately 30 years and suddenly I'm drawing a blank. Talk about frustrating.

I'm excited about posting my first short story on Amazon's Kindle. I designed the cover, formatted and posted the story myself. It was fun and not nearly as difficult as one would imagine. I love this story and am thinking seriously about expanding it into a full length manuscript. If you enjoy the timeless love story between King Arthur, Guinevere and Lancelot, you'll enjoy A Lifetime to Love It's well worth spending the .99 cents to read the twist at the end of the story.

A friend of mine, Shelley Kinsman and myself have put together a Writer's Workshop for beginners and we are holding our first one on March 3rd. If you'd like more information check out our blog Word Alchemy. We will be building a series of workshops for writers at all levels of experience, whether you have a manuscript started, or completed and ready to send out. With my experience as a published author and Shelley's as an editor, we cover all aspects of the writing and publishing industry.
I'm excited about this venture as I feel we have alot to offer and I know how many people there are who would love to write a book, or are trying but need some guidance.

I promise, promise, promise, it will not be so long in between posts. See, now that I've promised, I have to post more regularly. I never make a promise without doing everything in my power to keep my word. Oh, there is so much to say on that subject, but I'll save it for another post.

Talk soon,
Catherine

No comments: