Saturday, October 15, 2005

Good news and some kinda cool news

Yes, I've been able to attain the painfully worked for, battered ego, heartfelt desire, golden request for a full manuscript. After being summarily rejected by this agent, I immediately e-mailed her back (at my husband's suggestion) querying whether she'd be interested in another manuscript I just happened to have sitting here. Her response was not only immediate, but it was a request for the full manuscript. I had been expecting a request for a partial, not the full, so, needless to say, I was ecstatic.

That was three weeks ago and according to her website, she usually responds in four to six weeks. Whew, you can imagine I'm jumping from my seat every time the phone rings, but, *sigh*, I'm also afraid to see her name every time I open my e-mail. Please, oh, please, don't let her e-mail me. A phone call would be great.

What I need to do is let her talk to this person I met today at the Applefest. I happened to have a table set up there and was selling copies of my book. She came looking for me specifically because she'd bought my book last year and was hoping I had another published in the meantime. She raved about how Sword Across Time was the one of the best books she'd ever read and she couldn't put it down. How ego pumping is that? She wanted to know when my next one would be available. Oh, how I wish I had an answer for her.

Maybe, just maybe, it won't be too long. In the meantime, I'm sitting here with eyes, fingers, and toes crossed. I'll let you know.

Cathy

No comments: